Google traduction du texte Français
The molecular ecology technical platform aims to pool technological tools and skills in molecular biology in the service of iEES_Paris research programs.
It brings together the equipment and know-how necessary for the activity of the unit’s teams for a wide range of environmental samples (water, soil, bacteria, biological liquids, etc.).
The platform offers a variety of approaches for nucleic acid extraction followed by detection and quantification by PCR, real-time PCR (qPCR) and digital PCR (ddPCR). These approaches can be supplemented by assays (Nanodrop) and separation techniques (electrophoresis).
We are also studying the genetic polymorphism of individuals and populations on natural, semi-natural, or farmed populations, thanks to the analysis of microsatellites as genetic markers on a sequencer.
The platform benefits from 60 m² of laboratory dedicated to the various molecular biology activities.
It is located on the P&M Curie campus, building 44-45, on the 4th floor (lab 411) and on the 5th floor (lab 523).
The molecular ecology technical platform ensures:
- the experimental design of molecular biology projects and the evaluation of the time and cost of the experiments;
- technical support for projects that are carried out on the set;
- supervision and empowerment of users with the tools in place;
- the quality of the results from the experiments carried out on the platform
The main activities are:
- extraction and purification of nucleic acids (DNA and RNA);
- PCR amplification for genotyping (microsatellites, RFLP, AFLP);
- measurement of gene expression;
- detection of pathogens;
- quantification of target genes;
- analysis of the abundance of microbial communities by taxonomic and functional markers of environmental matrices (soils, water, etc.);
- quality control of nucleic acids and PCR products.
- Bio-Rad C1000 Thermal cycler optical module CFX96 Real-Time System
- Bio-Rad C1000 Thermal cycler optical module CFX384 Real-Time System
- Bio-Rad PX1 PCR Plate Sealer to add
- Bio-Rad QX20 Droplet Generator to add
- Refrigerated Eppendorf 5415-R centrifuge (24 microtube rotor type Eppendorf), refrigerated Eppendorf 5804-R centrifuge, rotor for 15ml and 50ml conical tubes.
- 3 thermal cyclers: Techne TC-512, Applied Biosystems GeneAmp PCR Systems 9700 and, Applied Biosystems GeneAmp PCR Systems 2700
- 8 capillary sequencer (ABI 3500 Applied Biosystems)
- Electrophoresis cells: RunONE electrophoresis cell, EmBitec, APELEX PS304II Minipac generator
- Nanodrop NP80 type spectrophotometer (IMPLEN)
- Qubit30 fluorimeter (Life techno),
- Complete EBOX VX2 imaging system with network sharing of images.
- PCR hood
- Chemical fume cupboard
- PSM class II hood
- -20 ° C and -80 ° C freezers.