Google traduction de la page en français
What is ecological engineering?
Ecological engineering is the application of the principles of ecology to environmental management.
It is inspired by natural models and processes based on ecological interactions; it applies them while respecting their parameters and their procedures.
Why ecological engineering?
To avoid negative externalities in the management of (agro-) ecosystems, reform our production methods, restore contaminated sites and improve city life.
- Use of plant varieties and communities to improve the sustainability of farming systems
- Use of organic amendments to enrich soil functions
- Improving the storage potential of C in soils
- Development of smart fertilizers
- Bio-control by studying the interactions of the hormonal system of insects
- Design of sustainable ecological systems for agricultural and (peri-) urban areas
- Creation of techno-soils and green infrastructure in cities
- Development of bio-indicators for ozone monitoring